Monday, December 31, 2007

New favorite swim workout this morning

Over on ST they were talking about a 100x100 swim workout today. I figured what the hell? I would never do 100x100 so i scaled it back to the goal of 50x50. Here is what actually happened....

10 x 100 @ 1:15 with 15 seconds rest between
5 x 100 @ 1:15 with 30 seconds rest between
6 x 100 @1:30 with a minute rest between.

All in all it killed me. As I was attempting to get out of the pool, I smashed my shin on the edge. I was so dead getting out of the water that I didn't even react. I am going to have one good bruise. I figured that only 100 yards at a time would be "easy" wow was I wrong. It shows my lack of speed/endurance. I will be doing this workout every other week to build this up to doing the full set of 50x100 at a respectable pace.

1 Comments:

Blogger jwm said...

Phew.. I was getting worried about you.. Ironman looming a year out, and you're acting like a rock star?

Nice work.

-jwm

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home