Monday, July 30, 2007

Spirit of Racine Swim

The Swim-
At first I thought and heard that the water was cold. I hate cold water!!! I got the wetsuit on slipped in the water and it was great! the gun went off and I hit my swim stride right away. I was not going to push the swim as I am not a strong swimmer. I swam just like all my training swims. Long efficent strokes to save energy. I felt real good the entire swim but it did feel like an eternity. I have never exited the water after a mile point two of swimming feeling like I really could have done more. I looked a bit suprised when my brother clicked the pic though (thanks Mike). Not an inprovement on last year in time but my swim conditioning is way ahead of where it was last year.

T1- Zipped in and grabbed my helmet and sunglasses. This is one of the first years I forgot to clip my shoes to the pedals.



I could have gained a few secondes doing that. All in all it was still faster than any other year I have done this race.

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog, glad to have found your link! Yes, I may do the race next year, but I hear they are changing it to the 101 series, which is cool. I am still rehabbing a broken back that kept me out of IM Arizona this year (hurt four weeks before the race!) so I hope to have myself back up and "running" in a few more weeks!

BTW, I looked at your pics and I swear I saw you on the course. Way to go!

5:15 PM  
Blogger teacherwoman said...

I came across your blog through Allez... nice site! Nice job, and great pics!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home