Friday, August 17, 2007

Well sports fans, the plan has changed :(

My goal from years back was to do the Ironman Wisconsin race in '08. It has been the dream since first seeing the race in Madison years ago. After a few "discussions" with wife and family, I have decided to do push it off till '09. This will give me the opportunity to train at work a bit more and really focus on nutrition while on the bike. This has been a major problem for the past few years at the half distance. While this is a hard decision, it is the smart one. I have done every distance up to a half so far with basicly reserves and not fueling during the race. this will change. The plan, more longer rides with eating on the bike to get used to it more.

Next years race scheduls looks to have possible 2 more half IM's added in a better, more vacation location. Where that is, I have no idea yet. I want flat to rolling hills with an easy run. The swim I am not really worried about. Inland lake would be good as I do not care for ocean swimming and high waves. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

Well, as "the wife", I am glad you have decided to re-think your schedule - I am relieved that you have chosen to pour your heart into figuring out nutrition and kicking ass on a couple of halves and then - you'll be ready to get out of "THE BIG RACE" what you are looking for!

"the wife" was not rooting for IM for 2008 - I do not want "the husband" to die trying.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Allez said...

Sounds like a tough decision, but the right one!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home