Thursday, November 23, 2006

The road to nowhere...

This is a day I won't forget for quite a while. Thanksgiving day 2006. It was a balmy 60F in southern Wisconsin which is almost unheard of seeing snow and sleet are the norm on this day. I went out for a bike ride on the new Cervelo. About halfway through the 30 mile trek a started to get a moment of clarity. I have really been struggling with a decision I have to make soon regarding my future well being. I came to a fork in the road and just had to stop and think for a moment. What I am doing now, riding is something I really enjoy, I really can clear my head and make some decisions out there not being bothered by any other distractions. I followed the route (not a road I have ever taken on a tri bike) and got to a clearing and it all clicked. Why can't I do this forever and make it my passion? I thought about the family, friends and lifestyle I have now and it all makes this worth it. I have given up the worrying about the bad stuff and now am ready to press forward for the new beginning of the rest of my life. Going back to a "simple life perspective" is what I think I needed. I will now wait for next week for all the confirmations to take place and let the cards fall where they will. It is pretty much out of my hands now since I have accepted the idea and am now ready to roll.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doris said...

Hey, Just found your blog. Good reading! Am just starting out with this whole Tri think so reading when you started and where you are now is kinda inspiring. Am intrigued to know what your life change is - keep is posted!

3:51 AM  
Blogger jwm said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. I do know you only get one shot at this. Do what you love.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home