Friday, December 15, 2006

Time is so short in life

I just got the chills while watching PBS just now. I was watching this totaly kick ass performance of Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Robert Randolph, Jimmy Vaughn and Buddy Guy perform Swet Home Chicago. This was the last song that was performed at the Alpine Valley show in East Troy Wisconsin many years ago. For those of you that do not remember it was the dreadful night that Stevie Ray Vaughn's helicopter crashed into the side of the ski hill obscured by the thick fog of the valley. I got chills when all took the stage again and referenced this event and played the sweet sounds again. I have a bootleg digital recording of the original concert that Stevie Ray played at for his final performance ever. Heck, I even had tickets to this show but ended up not going because I was going to play responsible and get rest before the test I had to take the next day.
I have since went back to Alpine Valley and walked up the hill with my brother-in-law Joe. We saw the spot that the accident happened and it still gets to me all these years later. How does this relate to anything tri related. Not real sure other thna you have to live your life like there is no tomorrow. Race each race like there is not going to be a next race. Give it your best because you never know when your number is up live Stevie's was. R.I.P brother

1 Comments:

Blogger jwm said...

SRV was an unbelievable guitarist. I had footage of him on a river boat concert in Louisania (I believe). His 12 string "Pride and Joy" on MTV unplugged was something else.. Seemed like he was just getting it all together when he died.

I wasn't at that concert.. but I could have easily been there. I'll have to check our local PBS schedule.

"Livin' a dream" ... "Life by the drop" - SRV

-Jeff

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home