Sunday, September 17, 2006

BONK!!

Well I went out for a mile run around the lake today. Got about a mile in and started to feel real slow. Checked the pace and I was steady at an 8:14 mile. Pulled up a bit and went another mile. Now I am feeling like $hit. It didn't feel like blood running through my legs, it felt more like sludge! I walked the last 2.5 miles home for a total of 1 hour and 7 minutes. This had to be the worst run of my entire life. Throughout the entire run I had the empty stomach feeling along with the heavy legs. Got home and just hung the head low. Cooked up a bit of food and now I feel a little better.
Major realization here. I need to really work on turnover and drop 10 pounds asap. Dropping the 10 pounds really could help me mid november for the half mary. If this performance keeps up I might have to consider the 1/5 barrel run instead of the 1/2 barrel :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home