Monday, December 25, 2006

First annual x-mas day ride


what's wrong with this picture? First off I am by myself on this epic ride. It was supposed to be
legen....... (wait for it) .............dary!

It is Wisconsin on Christmas day and there is absolutely NO snow on the ground. So why not go for an xmas day bike ride? I want to start an annual thing on either riding or running on this day. Count it, 2 years now and still nobody has joined me! Last year I ran so this year seeing that is a freak year up here I took a ride. The ride went pretty good having not really done and riding for a few weeks and hating the cold.

As you can see I have all my Craft gear on. I just can't say enough about this stuff. I was wearing the entire system. The S3 Windproof shirt, the L2, red insulation layer and finally the L3 Outer courier Shell. Let me tell you it had to be in the lower 20's and breezy during the ride as my water in the bottle started to freeze but I couldn't have been warmer! I still need to get the facemask and the proper ear protection. That you could probably tell by the picture too, my face and ears were absolutely FREEZING!!

I hope next year I can sneak in a Christmas day swim in the lake? Well maybe if we are celebrating it in Jamaica :) One can only hope.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs other riders when you're got such an awesome bike?!

Merry Christmas.

3:24 PM  
Blogger jwm said...

How many days before you have to trade in that bike for a TTX? You know winter in Wisconsin is a really good reason to have a road, cross and/or mountain bike, right? Ice and tri bikes seem somewhat counterintuitive to me.. then again, who am I?

Either way, good on you for getting out there.. I'd go with ya, but ya know... oncall at work and such..

If your head is cold get the full on balaclava.. Well worth the 20-25 dollars. Found in almost any Wisconsin bike shop.

PS, how is it you get all these "babes" from all over the country/world to comment on your blog? Other than maybe posting often ! :)

Merry Christmas!

-jwm

4:10 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

We still have several inches of snow/ice on the ground in Nebraska!

Nice to hear you got a ride in...I got a 5 mile run in on the 24th.

The gear is looking good, brother.

2:54 PM  
Blogger :) said...

Brrrr......

9:55 AM  
Blogger jeanne said...

I would have so been there for you! Next time, give me some notice, ok?

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home