Saturday, December 23, 2006

Product review

A few weeks ago I was given some Cliff Shots gel Blocks to try out. I decided this morning to try out the Black Cherry Blocks before swimming. The instructions say too take 3-5 per hour during exercise. I popped 3 about 20 minutes before my morning swim. The taste was grrrreat! They tasted like gummy bears. Taste is sweet and easy to chew. I chased them down with 6 ounces of water. I did not notice any GI troubles as I have in the past with other gels. I kept sipping water between sets during the swim and everything went great!
I will be purchasing some of these in the near future to try in the bike and the run. I really want to see if I can get the right amount of calories in on the bike using the blocks. Follow up to come in a few weeks after I hit the bike a bit.

2 Comments:

Blogger jwm said...

I tried them on a training ride or two... They are much better than gels in many respects, but I didn't eat enough of them. THey are clean. You can portion them out per X minutes easily to get steady calories.. Last year I'm not sure if they weren't absorbing or I just didn't eat enough of them. I'll have to try again this year on longer rides.

-jwm

11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm anxious to find out how you liked the bloks for running and cycling too. i'm thinking of trying them out myself...

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home