Friday, February 02, 2007

Forced time off....

I have all the opportunity in the world to work out now. I am encouraged to workout during my workday as 99% of the place does (benefits of working at a fitness company) but guess what? I got bit by the injury bug! I was running in the snow last Sunday and slipped on the ice. I didn't completely fall down or anything like that. I tweaked my back while falling. I have been walking around like an 80 year old man. I have been to the chiro a few times and it is getting better but I am just not ready to start putting stress on it again. I even skipped swimming this week!

The weather has a bit to do with some time off (which is helping me in a weird way). Today I was driving home from the grocery store and looked at the temperature gauge. It was 1 degree F. That is damn cold. Thursday it was almost summerlike at 20 with the temperature that was coming our way for the weekend. It is supposed to be highs in the low single digits.

In the short time I will be doing a lot of stretching. I am starting core exercises tonight (lightly) so I do not aggravate the lower back, but just to stretch it out even further.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allez said...

I can't imagine running in snow. I ran at the gym today because it was 27 this morning. Take care of your back & get better :-)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Triteacher said...

Take it easy, 80 Year-Old Man. (Tee hee!) Hope it heals up soon.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home