Saturday, March 03, 2007

Change of plan on the new ride.... :)


Well after suffering the disappointing loss of the Discovery Team TDF TT bike earlier this week a new option came into my lap Friday....literally! I had heard that there was a shortage of Trek TTX bikes in the US and they are going to be hard to get. It seems that everybody wants them. The Discovery Team and the Timex Tri team will be using them too. So my dream of a shiny new TTX was gone :(

Well Friday I had heard that there was a size L TTX floating around the test lab. I ride a L so I figured I would check on it to see what it was all about. It was being tested for paint cracking at the seams. I inspected the frame and I saw no obvious paint cracks but they can't sell it as a new bike so that is where I step in. It will be 3 weeks till I get to take it home but it will be worth the wait. I might get it repainted to my color choice of Metallic yellow with the accents of Metallic Blue and White decals to match my other ride the Trek 2200. Match up the Hed 3 rims on this TTx and watch out course records, i am gonna fly!


Here it is......you can drool now (JWM)minus the Hed 3's

2 Comments:

Blogger Triteacher said...

*Jealous!!* I am going to buy a new tri bike but have been unable to take the leap and pick one. Good for you! Enjoy!

11:48 AM  
Blogger jwm said...

Drooling? I will give you props when you start actually riding the thing.

Otherwise you will find your bike in front of you at racine! :)

on the swim updates.. you're nutz!

-jwm

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home