Saturday, March 10, 2007

Signs of spring

As I was going out for what I call my "long run" around the lake, I really took the time to take it all in. A weeks ago there was 2 feet of snow freshly fallen and now there is nothing but slop. Sign of spring :)

I noticed the small of the lake, the melting of the lake with the "out of their mind" ice fisherman still out there. Note again...Sign of spring :)

I rounded the corner and the small of warm blacktop roasting in the sun hit me. I love that smell. Sign of spring :)

The fresh air blowing on my too warmly dressed self realizing that I WAY overdressed for this run. There were kids playing outside with shorts. Sign of spring :)

This coming weekend and week for that matter we are going to experince the warmest days of the year so far. Calling for the high 50's! Wednesday I will be bringing the bike to work that day for a lunchtime ride if it doesn't rain. Sign of spring :)

Knowing that a lot of outside stuff will start happening on a regular basis just gets me ready to bike and run outside for the sheer enjoyment of it. Training will be a secondary benefit at least for now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Triteacher said...

I'm loving it too!! Living through winter sure makes spring a treat!

2:49 PM  
Blogger The Fool said...

YES! 50 tomorrow too! Get some miles in and enjoy them. For the shear sake of moving outside.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Allez said...

I love spring!

12:24 PM  
Blogger jwm said...

Game on!

-Jwm

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sixteen Chickens said...

My favorite sign of spring is the return of the robins. I could have swore I saw a small flock of them in a crab apple tree the other night, but in the shadows it was hard to know for sure. Any robins in Madison yet?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home