Saturday, March 03, 2007

swim report 3.2.07

Today my goal was to do sets of 500 of varying intensity. I ended up doing 9 sets of 500 yards for a total of 4500 yards in one hour!!

Now before this sounds too much of a chest pounding accomplishment, it isn't. I used flippers for the entire set so i could consentrate on the stroke instead of the kick. I still look at it as 4500 yards or 180 laps. I am not too exhausted either.

Now witgh this new found swim experience and the new and improved run performance in the afternoon, i had an idea. Why not have a sprint tri that starts at say 11am or later. I can be in peak performance state (well at least fully awake and stretched out) unlike those 7am start times. Race directors give it some thought.....you might have a few more participants?

2 Comments:

Blogger Allez said...

I wish events started a little later. Its no fun getting up at 4:30 a.m. on the weekend.

6:32 PM  
Blogger The Fool said...

I agree... Early starts are tough espcially with travel.

Hey thanks for stopping by my 'pathetic' blog. We are fellow WI -ITES I see. Your pic? I got one JUST like it. Same spot, and I think we are wearing the same shirt for crying out loud! I'll be there at IRON MAN 07 and 08 (volunteer kayak rescue team.)

Hope to see at some races this year. I'll be at Mad city once again too.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home