Saturday, April 28, 2007

It is about time

Well it is about time. The project that started a few months ago is finally done. What a conicidence? It got done a day before my first sprint race :) But not without a few bumps in the road....












I ended up getting the frame back from Project One paint department at Trek Bikes. The build up of the frame is where it started to go south. I left work friday afternoon with my frame and all the parts going into the build department (thanks Greg!) HE would try to get it done that night or saturday morning. Well I got the call at 8:30 friday night so off the 7 Y/O Libby and I went. I thought it was just going to be a pick up and go, that s what I get for thinking that! Well we got there and I realized that I didn't have a pass key to even get into the building. Security after hours is pretty tight. Libby and I went walking around the outside of the building and calling at the same time to find somebody to let us in. When we finally got in, there was the first problem. The rear deraileur cable was too short and we didn't happen to have a tandem length cable anywhere. So no rear deraileur and no bar wrapping. So right around 10pm we got the prelim fit done and off I we went.

Next morning after Libby soccer game I was gone to the Trek factory store. They were really busy but Kevin the service manager really stepped up and got the job done. They even did a bit of adjusting and tweaking and even installed a bike computer I had in the bag of stuff I brought in and didn't even ask them to do.

So the long and the short of it, the 200X Equinox 9.9 Project One is done. This bike is sub 20lbs even with the water bottle full. I can't wait to race it in Whitewater on sunday. I hope I can push it as fast as it looks. There is more carbon on this bike than I could ever imagine! Really the only non carbon parts are the deraileurs, chainring and the chain.

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Woowee. Sexy hawtness.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home