Saturday, May 12, 2007

WTF??

I have been biking for over 30 years (since I was 5) and I have never got a flat tire while riding.....until this week. Well now for the first time ever in my life I got 2 flats while riding twice while riding. The first time this week I was at work riding at lunch. We were 4 miles from the office and pssssssttt. I didn't know what happened but the guy ahead of me did. With no patch kit, inner tube or co2's I thought it was going to be a real painful trip back. He had everything we needed to get on with the ride. So I ended up scrounging around work and found all the parts (like he did) and now I have almost the same kit. Well it saved me today. 3 miles from home psssssttt. I pulled over and knew exactly what that noise was :(
Well after 10 minutes of trying to figure out what to do I was off, one inner tube lighter and a scratch on the bike now. I stupidly leaned it against a telephone pole and a good breeze took the Hed 3's for a small ride and moved it. Now I have a 1 inch scratch on the toptube of the brand new bike. Consider it broken in now!

Moral of the story. You will flat sometime in your life (maybe even a few times). Learn how to change an inner tube and be prepared!

2 Comments:

Blogger jwm said...

30 years and no flats? better stock up, payback is hell :)

-jwm

9:08 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

That sucks! I got 2 flats on the same ride last week and one last night. It just happens sometimes.
- kevin

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home